Friday, April 15, 2011

Qur'an Surah III:55 Jesus and Interfaith

Behold! Allah has said: "O Jesus! I will raise you to myself and cleanse you of all false doctrines of those who blaspheme; I will make those who follow you above those who reject you, until the Day of Resurrection. Then shall all people (of all faiths) Return to me, and I will judge between you about the matters that you dispute."

In this ayat is a powerful message. First, it is a call for unity among the peoples of this world (specifically in the context the children of Abraham). Secondly, Allah sets out a covenant with Jesus that will last until the Day of Resurrection. Thirdly, all doctrinal disputes that lead to strife are to be handed over to Allah.

We at the Rose Sufi Crescent encourage all of our Muslim, Christian, Jewish brethren to join together in peace. This Easter let us celebrate together the mission of the great teacher and prophet, Jesus of Nazareth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home